- We are accepting blog posts for all seasons and Holidays.
- We are looking for more biographical pieces, interviews, DIYs, and expositional articles based off of Biblical passages for both print and blog.
- We are accepting submissions for regular, contributing photographers, letterers, and illustrators.
- Check back for updates on upcoming issues and themes.
- Please do not submit college essays or pieces that read like a formal essay. Some examples of what we are looking for can be found here.
- We cannot guarantee placement based on your abstract, and we approve submissions contingent upon space allowance. We look at all submitted works regularly—and we love involving new contributors.
- Please keep in mind that content decisions are made roughly 6–9 months ahead of the publication dates, so please time your pitches accordingly, keeping seasons and holidays in mind. We also only include original content that hasn't been published elsewhere, including websites and blogs (with the exception of personal websites and blogs.)
- Unfortunately, due to the small size of our editorial team and a number of pitches we receive each week, we can't respond individually to all submissions. We will be in touch within six weeks if yours fits a need.
- Please keep in mind that all submissions are on a volunteer basis only. We are unable to compensate for any accepted submissions at this time. If you are selected to contribute to our print magazine, we link back to your website in our digital version, and we also provide a complimentary print copy as a thank you for your hard work. If you are selected to contribute to our blog, we link back to your website and include a short, personal bio at the end of the post.
This was updated 7/2016.
Submission Steps for Writers:
1. Please read through our statement of faith carefully so you can better understand our stances. Be prepared to sign it.
2. Include a short bio describing yourself, your testimony, your writing style and topics of interest, and why you wish to contribute to Deeply Rooted. Also, please let us know if you have been previously published, and if so, where. (Include links to any of your work published online.)
Print and online general categories are as follows:
(*Bold categories are where there are definite needs)
- Christ Follower
- Keeper of the Home
- Personal Testimonies
- Holidays (think far in advance for these)
- Educational pieces (history of a hymn, biography of a historical missionary or theologian, commentary on a biblical passage, etc.)
- 5's (5 Ways to Make a Habit of Bible Reading; 5 Tips for Cutting Your Grocery Budget, etc.)
We will be in contact within 6 weeks if your pitch has been successful. We use Submittable as a collation tool, not as an assigning tool, so your submission's status will not change in Submittable regardless of if we move forward with the idea or not.
Thank you! We are so grateful for your willingness to serve alongside us for the glory of God!
- portraits: women, kids, couples, and families (no weddings or birth photography submissions please)
- landscapes and textures: nature, cities, places, etc.
- details: coffee cups, table top shots, journaling, painting, etc.
2. Write a short bio describing yourself, your testimony of salvation, your photography style/what you like to photograph, your location, and why you wish to contribute to Deeply Rooted. Also please let us know if you have been previously published, and if so, where. It is important for us to get an in-depth feel for your shooting style, as well as hear why you might be interested in photographing for Deeply Rooted.
Thank you! We can't wait to see your work and read through your testimony.
3. Please provide a link to your portfolio AND attach a .PDF file with 5 pieces that best represent your work.
Thank you! We can't wait to see your work!
We’re excited to present advertising opportunities throughout the magazine—to connect
likeminded businesses and readers. We are offering you a space to showcase your business in both our print and digital Issue No. 10: Sojourner. We would love to consider highlighting your organization or business in our upcoming issue!
DRM appeals to an international demographic of women in their 20s and 30s, largely surrounding the topics of Christianity, marriage, motherhood, cooking, DIY projects, and home-keeping. For all information about advertising, please view our media kit.